SYDNEY HOTEL WEB DESIGN
The Alfred Hotel is located at Camperdown in Sydney’s Inner West. New owners purchased this formerly run down pub and have breathed new life into it. They wanted to bring this unassuming Sydney hotel into the 21st century with a stylish and welcoming new website, strong Google ranking and competitive internet presence.
I was enlisted to design a new website that represented the charm, character and warmth of this lovely art deco Sydney hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in a bustling inner city precinct close to RPA Hospital and the University of Sydney so it was important that the website had a contemporary feel that would attract local residents, hospital staff and uni students. I wanted these broad demographics to feel the hotel was a comfortable “home away from home” where they could meet friends for a casual drink and meal any time of the day or night.
Importantly, the website is mobile friendly and looks great on all devices including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
My all inclusive hotel website design service included:
As part of my SEO strategy I undertook extensive keyword research to ascertain what keywords potential customers were using to find an establishment such as the Alfred Hotel. My goal was to rank top of Google for local Inner West hotel searches, places to eat, entertainment solutions and affordable accommodation close to the University and Hospital.
With this information I developed an SEO strategy for the entire website. This will grow and evolve over time with the addition of new content designed to affirm an ongoing page one organic Google ranking.
- WordPress website design has great flexibility. Starting with a base template, my coding expertise means I can transform even the most basic template into something functional, stylish and practical. I don’t have any design restrictions and can create a website layout to suit the client’s specific requirements;
- WordPress is responsive (mobile-friendly) so looks great on all devices including desktop computers (Mac & PC), laptops, tablets and smart-phones;
- WordPress has built-in content management functionality. This means the client can very easily add, edit and manage her website content from an easy-to-use Dashboard. The Dashboard is also mobile-friendly so updates can be made quickly from any device, anywhere;
- WordPress powers 30% of the computers globally. Like any product with such enormous global penetration, this means there is a huge variety of affordable (many free) plugins available. Plugins on a website are like apps on a mobile phone – they add certain user functionality. Plugin examples include appointment calendars, online shopping cart, social media feeds and much, much more;
- As one of the largest website programs in the world, there is a huge WordPress online support community and millions of articles answering every conceivable question or offering solutions to any WordPress problem; and
- Google loves WordPress! As an SEO expert, this makes my role when optimising a website to achieve a top Google ranking more efficient than other website creation tools such as Joomla, WIX or SquareSpace.
About the client
The Alfred Hotel has everything Camperdown residents, workers and students need in one spot. An unassuming art-deco pub nestled away from the hustle and bustle of King Street and Parramatta Road, the Alfred Hotel was established in 1939 and oozes old-school charm. A long-time favourite of Camperdown locals, RPA Hospital staff and university students from nearby college campuses the pub offers a large range of beers on tap as well as numerous boutique and imported beers which can either be enjoyed at the distinctive horse-shoe shaped bar or in our courtyard. The new owners have introduced a wide variety of wines and spirits. Patrons can can enjoy a snack to share or something a bit more substantial from their bistro. The Alfred Hotel is the perfect place for a few quiet (or not-so-quiet) drinks with friends.
Hotel Website Design Sydney
I have been providing specialist website development, SEO and internet marketing services for businesses of all shapes and sizes (including Sydney hotels and pubs) since 1996. One of my most distinguishing points of difference over other website development companies is the advice, knowledge and expertise I provide my clients at no additional cost. I don’t see my role as simply your website developer or graphic designer. I work in conjunction with you to determine who your clients are, where they can be found and how we can ensure your marketing message speaks directly to potential customers. I want your business to get noticed and your level of enquiries to increase exponentially. My affordable all-inclusive packages include website development, SEO (Google ranking), keyword research, domain name registration, website hosting and unlimited email addresses.