Trade website for Northern Beaches carpentry business.
The team at Carpenters Northern Beaches had designed a simple WIX website themselves. Unfortunately, due to their lack of SEO knowledge and the limitations of WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) websites like WIX, Square Space, Weebly, etc, they would never have achieved a page one ranking on Google. This is where I was able to assist them.
It was important that the website for this Northern Beaches trade business ranked on page 1 of Google as this was to be the primary source of new customer enquiries. To this end, I recommended a WordPress website.
Details of this web design project
- Mobile-friendly WordPress website design that adequately represents the services they offer.
- Extensive keyword research and a comprehensive SEO strategy.
- Portfolio of work showcasing individual projects completed aimed at broadening their keyword relevancy for a range of keywords and regions.
- Photo gallery so potential customers can quickly view visual examples of recent work completed.
- Speed optimisation to improve page load times across all devices – also an important Google requirement.
- The addition of stronger calls to action to encourage potential customers to reach out to the client whether via a phone call, text message, email or completion of an online enquiry form.
- Google My Business (Google Maps) creation and setup (see below for more information).
- Registration of multiple domain names.
- SSL certificate with secure website hosting.
This client also required assistance with writing content for your new website of which I was happy to assist.
To this end, I interviewed them over the phone on several occasions to gain an understanding of their business and the services they offered. With this information, I will be able to write the necessary content for all pages on their website, including details of the projects they had completed for the blog.
My copywriting services have the additional benefit of the ability to ensure the content contains all the relevant keywords and is highly optimised for search engine ranking.
Website copywriting is just another service I offer clients where required.
Carpenters Northern Beaches didn’t have a logo so brand development was included in the development of their website. They wanted a clean and fresh colour scheme that was indicative of the lifestyle of their Northern Beaches customers. With this in mind, we opted for a cool minty green colour and warm earthy light brown tones. Additionally, it was important that the logo clearly represented what they did and all guesswork was removed.
Google Maps (Google My Business) listing setup
Google has been aggressively pushing local search, particularly Google Maps (Google My Business). You may notice Google Maps listings appearing at the top of local search results where previously it was further down the page or in the right sidebar. When a business is targeting local customers, it’s paramount that you have a Google My Business (Google Maps) listing.
To enhance the local exposure of the Carpenters Northern Beaches brand, I also set up a Google My Business listing for them.
About the client
Northern Beaches carpenters, Michael and Matthew, ca assist their clients with all their carpentry and building needs – no matter how big or small – from start to finish. With access to a qualified team of trade specialists including plumbers, electricians, engineers and other experts, utilising this expertise, they can manage any carpentry project saving the client time and money but, importantly, alleviate the stress of organising the relevant trades yourself. Additionally, their clients have the assurance that only qualified and insured professionals you can trust will be working at your property.
WordPress website design with SEO
I have been providing specialist website development, SEO and internet marketing services for businesses of all shapes and sizes since 1996. One of my most distinguishing points of difference over other website development companies is the advice, knowledge and expertise I provide my clients at no additional cost. I don’t see my role as simply your website developer or graphic designer. I work in conjunction with you to determine who your clients are, where they can be found and how we can ensure your marketing message speaks directly to potential customers. I want your business to get noticed and your level of enquiries to increase exponentially. My affordable all-inclusive packages include website development, SEO (Google ranking), keyword research, domain name registration, website hosting and unlimited email addresses.
If you would like more information about my web design services and how I can help your trade business get to the top of the search engines (and stay there), please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime.
- Do all trade businesses need a website? The short answer is… YES!
- The importance of local search marketing and SEO
- What is search engine optimisation and answers to common SEO questions