CS-Cart Australia. Convert CS-Cart shopping cart to WooCommerce (WordPress).
Feeling Inspired is one of Australia’s largest suppliers of beads and jewellery making supplies. The company’s CS-Cart e-commerce website had been created many years ago and had developed numerous problems. It was time for an upgrade.
WordPress powers more than 40% of the world’s websites. It is extremely powerful yet very simple to use. WordPress is perfect for creating sensational-looking, e-commerce websites that look great on all devices.
WordPress can be used to create everything from simple websites and blogs to complex e-commerce shopping carts and enterprise websites. Its easy-to-use content management system (CMS) makes it very easy for business owners to update and maintain their websites in-house. I offer WordPress training with every website I work on so my clients can confidently self manage their new site in-house, if they choose. WordPress website management services are also available.
A major benefit of WordPress is its flexibility. It can be expanded to incorporate shopping cart functionality (eg WooCommerce), secure payment and donation facilities, customer communication features, calculators, membership logins, property portfolios, hotel vacancy and booking systems, event calendars, appointment and reservation systems and so much more… The possibilities are endless.
CS-Cart versus WooCommerce
The first step was to discuss with the client the features and benefits of WordPress and WooCommerce. The client’s CS-Cart website was 10+ years old and didn’t feature many of the great features that are associated with modern e-commerce websites. The client agreed to convert from CS-Cart to WordPress with WooCommerce e-commerce functionality.
Organic search engine optimisation (SEO) had never been done correctly on the old website. SEO would be an integral component of the new website. First I undertook extensive keyword research which formed the foundation of the new website’s SEO strategy.
Next, I had to export the 5,000+ products, images and categories from CS-Cart and import them into WooCommerce.
The development of the new WordPress / WooCommerce website was undertaken on a staging server. We were then able to make significant changes and refinement to the product categories so, going forward, the new website was easier for customers to navigate and find products quickly.
Once the new website was complete, the old CS-Cart website was archived so the client could access past customer information, orders, payment records, and other important information from the old website at any time.
The finished result was a streamlined website with a fresh, contemporary design that is easy for customers to find and order products in a few simple steps. The client can easily manage their website via the WordPress WooCommerce dashboard where they have access to a wide range of features.
Importantly, the new WordPress website looks great across all devices. It has also been optimised for fast page loading and adheres to Google’s Core Web Vitals update.
As of 2023, more than 6 million websites globally use WooCommerce to power their e-commerce businesses. This makes it one of the most widely used e-commerce website platforms on the internet.
I have been developing WordPress websites with WooCommerce integration for 15+ years and love its flexibility, ease of use and extensions that allow store owners to effectively upsell to customers.
WooCommerce features and benefits
- Mobile friendly and looks great on all computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Store owners can easily add, update and delete products from any device via a user-friendly dashboard.
- Sell products, subscriptions and virtual products.
- Choose whether you want your customers to register before being able to purchase your products, or via simple checkout.
- Choose from range of shipping methods including free shipping, pickup, Australia Post and local delivery.
- Courier rates can easily be imported or define specific rates for different products, like extra charges for heavy products.
- Comprehensive tax settings with tax classes and local tax rates.
- Huge range of payment gateways are supported including Paypal, credit card, Australian bank account payments, e-Way, direct bank deposit, cheque and payment upon pickup.
- Keep track of sales through detailed reports anywhere, anytime. View sales, refunds and coupons over time. See your top products and categories.
- Particulars of all orders are emailed to you immediately. A copy of the order is also sent to the customer immediately.
- Customers can post product reviews and star ratings.
- Add sale prices and take advantage of coupon discount codes.
- Customers can sort products by popularity, newness, rating, price or other attributes.
- Track and manage stock levels. Hold stock after an order is cancelled, get notifications for low and out-of-stock items, hide out-of-stock items and more.
- One-click refunds can be applied from the Admin Dashboard.
- Search feature so customers can search for particular products by keyword.
- Add customer notes, edit stock manually, mark items you shipped, and manage the fulfillment process.
- Product details can be imported from an Excel file.
NEED CS-CART SUPPORT?
For an obligation-free chat about your CS-Cart website and the benefits of upgrading to a WordPress / WooCommerce website, contact me directly. I’m here to help and service clients around Australia.
I am your ‘One Stop Shop’ when it comes to effective, professional and affordable web design and online marketing services giving you the confidence that your business marketing needs will be met, all within your budget constraints. I spend time gaining an insight into your business, and the products and services you sell. I will analyse your target markets to determine where your customers can be found. This is the key to successful online marketing – no matter where your customers are located.
I believe one of my distinguishing points of difference over other website developers is the advice, knowledge and expertise that I provide clients at no additional cost. I work in conjunction with you to determine who your clients are, where they can be found and how I can ensure your marketing message speaks directly to potential customers.
I want your business to get noticed and your goals achieved.
I work on every project personally and do not outsource to cheap, overseas contractors and then charge you a premium. This is your assurance that all work is completed by someone who understands the local market, the unique needs of your business needs and those of your customers.
Working from a home office, I am able to keep her fees low whilst always providing my clients with expert advice and highly tailored services without a ‘big business’ price tag.
** NO LOCK-IN CONTRACTS. NO ON-GOING FEES. ALL WORK COMPLETED BY REBECCA. NOT OUTSOURCED TO CHEAP OVERSEAS CONTRACTORS. **
My services include:
- professional website design »
- existing web design upgrades »
- WordPress websites and blogs »
- search engine optimisation (SEO) – achieve a top Google ranking »
- social media marketing »
- e-marketing »
- internet marketing consultancy and training courses »
- convert WIX and SquareSpace websites to WordPress »
- website hosting, domain name registration and email hosting »