UPDATE: In 2020, 6 years after I developed the original Water Taxis Combined website, I worked closely with the client to upgrade the website again to a more contemporary design.
The work undertaken on this project can be summarised as follows :
- Website development : Set up and design new mobile-friendly WordPress website. Install and set up plugins needed for functionality, security, etc.
- Interactive water taxi fare calculator and online quote system : The Water Taxis Combined website contains a complex online fare calculator that I developed for them back in 2014. The fare calculator allows customers to get a quote from and to hundreds of pick-up and drop-off locations throughout Sydney Harbour, Balmoral, Manly, the Inner West (Balmain, etc) and the Eastern Suburbs (Vaulcuse, etc). The system is very user friendly and takes customers only a few seconds to get a fast, online quote direct on the screen.
- Differing mobile and desktop functionality : The client wanted variable functionality throughout the website depending upon the device customers were using to access the website. For example, more labour-intensive functionality is available when people view the website on a desktop computer. This is disabled on mobile devices when fast internet connections may not be available.
- Copywriting : Source and write website content on the client’s behalf.
- SEO : Undertake extensive keyword research and optimise existing content for search engine ranking.
- Website hosting : Set up website hosting and point domain names to new web server.
To view this website in action, visit www.watertaxis.com.au »
Website Design Upgrade Timeline (2013 – 2020)
Affordable WordPress Websites Sydney
Rebecca Mitchell, founder of RAM Marketing, has been providing professional website design, SEO, online marketing and graphic design services to Sydney businesses since 1996. One of Rebecca’s most distinguishing points of difference over other website development companies is the advice, knowledge and expertise she provides her clients at no additional cost.
Importantly, Rebecca doesn’t just design your website and send you on your way. Her goal is to ensure your business achieves success online, every day, and is noticed by your potential clients and customers.
Rebecca provides expert SEO services to ensure your website ranks top of Google. She can also manage your website, social media and online marketing on your behalf. Her search engine marketing (SEM) and internet marketing services guarantee your business stays abreast of Google’s strict algorithm requirements and is being seen by potential customers every single day.
In 2015 Rebecca expanded her services to include a growing range of internet marketing courses and search engine marketing (SEM) consultancy services. Workshops include SEO training, learn social media and how to set up a successful online business course.
If you need advice and assistance with the development of a new website for your business or upgrading your existing website, contact me directly to discuss your requirements.